Are you seeking work? If you type, provide secretarial services, can market a Web site or shoot a great photograph, the following listings may help you find some cash for your skills. You can get paid for who and what you know as well.
While finding work from home has become easier through various listings, you still need to check the reputation of a company before you invest your time and efforts. Although we searched for legitimate companies, it’s up to you to discover if the work situations below have changed hands or terms of service before you apply. Plus, you can learn more about online job scams and find forums where individuals will help you learn more about any given online job opportunity.
You don’t need a blog or personal Web site to apply for any job listed below. But, in many cases, you need online access. The jobs are listed alphabetically under categories, a method we use to assure readers that we don’t value one listing over another.
Many companies have cut employees loose, and one of the first places they cut is customer service. But, those companies may seek to replace these employees through home-based agents who supply customer service.
- Alpine Access: Alpine Access is the premier provider of customer service solutions using home-based employees.
- Arise: Arise has set the standard providing thousands of home based businesses with the freedom to answer calls, e-mail and chat requests for prestigious U.S. and global companies.
- Convergys: Learn more about the ways you can earn extra money from the comfort of your own home and still have time for all of the things you care about.
- LiveOps: LiveOps is leading the revolution in distributed and work from home, agent-based services.
- VIPdesk: VIPdesk specializes in delivering Concierge and Virtual Call Center Services for national brand leaders in several industries that include travel, auto, financial services and retail.
- West at Home: A position with a Fortune 1000 company has never been more convenient. Design your own schedule and begin earning great pay within days of applying.
- Working Solutions: Working Solutions utilizes highly educated and trained professionals who have great communication and multi-lingual skills. Some of their projects require background checks.
If you like to shop, why not get paid for your hobby? The following companies hire mystery shoppers, or people who purchase goods and services and then write opinions or reviews about their experiences.
- Amusement Advantage : This company accepts applications from 49 states and Canada for their evaluations of amusement parks, attractions and their services.
- BARE International: This link will take you to BARE International’s intensive, detailed and accurate mystery customer evaluation services, where you can learn how to apply for a job.
- BestMark: BestMark seeks individuals with a keen eye. Successful BestMark mystery shoppers will be able to meet deadlines, follow detailed instructions and write fact-based reports to provide their clients with actionable data.
- Michelson Associates, Inc.: This research agency hires women and men across North America as independent contractors to evaluate customer service, courtesy, sales effort, store cleanliness, etc.
- Mystery Shopper Employment: You get paid to submit your shopping experiences, and also get meals, entertainment, products, and services completely free as you work. These are just some of the perks of being employed as a mystery shopper with this company.
- Retail Report Card: This company is looking for consumers to participate across the country. Become a member and enjoy their perks and cash for shopping.
Do you have an opinion about a product, service or just about life in general? Why not get paid for your perspectives? The following services do just that, and your compensation ranges from pennies to $7.00 or more per hour.
- GoGlobal Technologies Inc.: Volunteer to participate in these web based surveys, you become eligible to win various prizes, all the way from Gift Certificates at online shopping sites (ranging from $5.00 to $25.00), to actual cash rewards.
- Greenfield Online: Register and complete a survey so that this company can match you with various surveys. In addition to cash, they offer other incentives and rewards just for being a member.
- Opinion ! Now: Any English-speaking person can register to participate in surveys that pay up to 5 GBP/$7.00 USD for a 30-minute interview.
- Survey Lion: SurveyLion conducts online opinion surveys for companies in virtually every industry. They now have a referral program that pays $5 for each referral.
- Test Spin: Test Spin wants your opinion and they’ll pay you for it – up to $4.00 for taking a survey and $30.00 to join a focus group.
- The African-American Voice: Be compensated by voicing your opinion on products, services, and innovations.
Photography, Vector Images and Videos
Do you love to create photography, artwork and film or videos? Here’s a chance to make some money with your creative skills online. Some sites don’t expect professionals, but others are very picky about what they serve up to customers.
- Dreamstime: For each transaction, the photographer receives a 50 percent fee. Exclusive images receive a 60 percent fee, while exclusive photographers enjoy an additional bonus of $0.20 for each approved submission.
- Fotolia: Join more than 1,036,977 professionals within the media and communications industry to make money from your photos. This site also carries vector images and videos.
- iStock: iStock pays contributors a base royalty rate of 20% for each file downloaded. If you are an Exclusive contributor you can earn up to 40%. If you make iStock your exclusive upload site, you’ll make a higher royalty rate.
- Shareapic: This site currently pays $0.22 per 1000 pic views and pays out in seven days.
- Shutterstock: Shutterstock is the largest subscription-based stock photo agency in the world. Shutterstock will pay you 25 cents every time one of your images is downloaded. Once you reach $500 in earnings, your commission goes up to $0.30 cents per download.
You can recruit people for jobs. With today’s unemployment market, you’d be supplying a service as well as making money. You might want to use Twitter or Facebook or other social networking tools to find people who need jobs.
- Bohire: Join for free and earn thousands of dollars referring your friends to great jobs.
- Referearns: You can earn referral rewards for referring your contacts to the jobs posted here.
- Who Do You Know for Dough: Earn real dollars by referring “qualified” friends and/or family to open positions listed on the site. Once they’ve been hired and are retained past the guarantee period indicated, you earn money.
- WiseStepp: Do your friends a good turn. Refer them to the right job and win rewards
- Zyoin: This is India’s “No. 1 Recruitment Marketplace.” Another way to break into the recruiting business without a blog or a Web site. Connect unemployed with employers and earn cash.
If, deep down, you know you were born for sales, the following sites can provide online venues for your abilities.
- Amazon: Amazon has expanded their sales to include professional spaces to sell your goods. You can provide everything from used books to electronic equipment and more for a monthly fee. They provide shipping, too.
- eBay: Find a product or a service and set up shop. You are in control, and eBay provides a virtual store for your wares. You pay a fee and a percentage of sales.
- Salesconx: Qualify to earn generous fees for each client request that you fulfill by providing a warm introduction and/or appointment.
- uRefer: As a “Connector,” word-of-mouth means sharing stories about compelling offers with your friends, family or professional network. Get paid for making valuable connections.
The following jobs entail a degree or certification in teaching. Plus, writing skills and the ability to produce a syllabus might help as well.
- Ed2Go: Any courses we help you develop will be marketed to millions of adult learners by our network of more than 1,500 top universities, colleges, and other accredited institutions of adult education. In return, you will receive a percentage of all revenues derived from your course.
- eSylvan.com: You need to have a current teaching certification, have a current Windows-based PC and a broadband connection to the Internet from your home. Working hours are flexible, and teachers work a minimum of eight to twenty-nine hours per week.
- Gotham Writers’ Workshop: Gotham Writers’ Workshop is always on the lookout for excellent writing instructors. Candidates for teaching jobs should have professional credits in the type of writing they want to teach.
- Tutor.com: Applicants who commit to at least five hours a week between Sunday and Thursday from 4 PM to 11 PM during the academic year will be given preference to tutoring jobs through this site.
- Universal Class: If you are a qualified or certified teacher or course author or writer who wants to tutor students online or write original educational content, then try this site on for size.
If you have a computer and can type, you may be eligible for transcription jobs. However, you might note that many transcription companies now require transcription equipment and some training, especially in the medical fields.
- Cambridge Transcriptions: Cambridge Transcriptions is constantly looking for intelligent and capable people to join the staff. Reliable part-time positions are available, either on-site or off-site.
- Cyberdictate: CyberDictate continually recruits the most experienced and integrity-driven individuals to provide superior transcription services to their clientele. Must be U.S. citizen, U.S. based.
- E-Typist: Minimum 60 wpm typing speed (initial typing test is required) and excellent command of English language and legal terminology is required by this company.
- Eight Crossings: Eight Crossings welcomes inquiries from medical transcriptionists with a minimum of two years experience transcribing multi-specialty medical reports.
- Mulberry Studio: Full-time and part-time transcription and proofreading positions are available either on-site, in their Harvard Square office, or on a freelance contractual basis from your home.
- Webmedx: If you are a medical transcriptionist or medical content specialist who takes pride in your work and are dedicated to the field of medical transcription, then this job may be for you. They hire U.S.-based professionals who work from their homes to support patient care.
If you have a computer, scanner, fax, and office experience, you can apply for a job as a virtual assistant (VA). Start-up costs of providing Virtual Assistant Secretarial Services are minimal, while the potential profits can be very good. The markets listed below were chosen for their obvious references to “jobs” or “careers” in this field.
- Assistant Match: Assistant Match, a popular VA pool, currently does not accept applications. However, they provide a Virtual Assistant Quickstart self-study program and other educational opportunities.
- Buzzoodle: Become a “Virtual Buzz Assistant” in a company that specializes in Internet and Buzz Marketing.
- Elance: File your resume with Elance, bid on jobs and work from home in a freelance environment.
- Office Details: This company always is interested in hearing from dynamic self-motivated individuals seeking to work in the Virtual Assistance and Concierge industry.
- VA Directory: If you have the skills and abilities, suitable equipment and software at home, then there is no reason why you couldn’t be working at home like the rest of the team involved with this site. A subscription fee is required.
- VA Networking: If you want to learn more about a VA position, find a job and build a network and support, this site was built for you.